Friday Finds - Inspiration is Everywhere!

Think artificial flowers have to be cheesy plastic disasters?

Check out the amazingly intricate paper creations of Sascha Nordmeyer and think again!

What dated thingie is just waiting to be updated in a new and unique way through our own work?


Design team Chris & Ruby have created this amazing slipper/rug for people who like to place their slippers accurately next to the bed!

The slippers fit perfectly into the rug! I love these!



How can we take two things that are used together and combine them into one amazing new product totally unique and our own?


Another Chris & Ruby genius creation. Are your chair feet chilly? Are they feeling a little Napoleon Dynamite or maybe Juno to you?

How can we create a new product that will add whimsy and fun and transform an existing product in a way no one has seen before?



By now you see I am obsessed with Chris & Ruby and I think you can also see why - Check out their amazing cutting board with a built in cut-out for your plate!

How can we make our own work more useful while retaining the beauty and simplicity of our art?

Have a wonderful weekend and remember that inspiration is everywhere!

6 comments

TesoriTrovati said...

Inspiration IS everywhere! You know I love this feature you do. (That is my blog tag line too!)
Enjoy the day! And thank YOU for being an inspiration!
Erin

Kendra Zvonik said...

Amazing finds! I have never seen Chris & Ruby- so cool! Thanks for the inspiration!
BTW, I was thinking of a post you could write (maybe you have already done this, let me know). Anyway, I was thinking of doing a giveaway on my blog in the near future but I haven't ever done one and don't know all the tricks. Maybe you could share your secrets for running a successful giveaway? Thanks Cat!
Have a fantastic holiday weekend! xo kz

Carolina Grönholm said...

oooh those slippers/rug looks incredible comfy! I want that, seriously!

Orion Designs said...

Great finds -- I checked out the Chris & Ruby website. There are some amazing designs there. Very innovative, indeed.

Cynthia said...

Great feature! The cutting board with the plate - everyone needs one of those!

Artsnark said...

fun finds