A Cyber Halloween Party or by the time you read this I will probably be fired

... well, wait a minute I don't actually have a job so I can't actually get fired, but if I worked for me I might be in trouble and here's why ...

I used to work for a bank and lately,

(because work has been taking over my entire life and not in a "make a million dollars" kind of way - more on this some other time)

I have been feeling a bit nostalgic for the days when I had things in my life like days off, paychecks on Fridays, someone else making the coffee, which resulted in it actually being sort of drinkable, and yes, especially Halloween parties.

At the bank we dressed up every year

very tastefully, of course

one year I was Sherlock Holmes and then the next year I was ... Sherlock Holmes and then the next year I was ... well, you get the picture - it was pretty much an excuse to wear a brown plaid English detectivey hat and carry a pipe and a magnifying glass.

I didn't win best dressed in 5th grade for nothing folks

and I am really missing those days and thinking that those of us who work at home

and if you are home and doing any kind of work including but not limited to:

making something to sell,
making dinner,
bringing up a child, puppy, hamster or goldfish,
bringing in the mail

you qualify - deserve a Halloween party, too!

What do you think? Who is up for this and how can we do it, realizing that this just popped in my head 5 minutes ago and I haven't really thought this all through, but why should that stop us?





We could kind of be like these guys except we'd be all alone and alot more cute and crafty ------->




I am thinking we can do some really cool, super fun things like:

1. Getting free flu shots in costume


(hitting up our local Walgreens all across the country at the same exact time)

2. Organizing someone to speak to all of us, again in costume, with some pertinent information we will all require like maybe a funeral director speaking about burial arrangements

3. A laffy taffy cyber giveaway table
with our hubbies dressed up as gigantic Raggedy Ann dolls which would be terrifying on so many levels

Maybe we could take advantage of the whole "cyber" things and create our costumes in photoshop and then have a costume contest.

Nothing too crazy that will cause an emergency meeting of the Blogger blogging association in which they decide it's best for us to blog elsewhere, but something that could have gotten us fired in the old days

(or the not so old days if you still have a job).

Something to ponder while the Real Housewives of New York is on hiatus ...

BTW I will be at Crafty Bastards in Washington DC on Saturday selling my wares if anyone is around and wants to stop by and say hi - I plan on being super busy and making a gazillion dollars so don't tie me up with idle chitchat for too long unless that chitchat is about the Real Housewives, Top Chef, Work of Art, Flipping Out or ideas for our upcoming Cyber Halloween Party...

xo =^..^=

6 comments

sheila at shecological said...

Hi Cat! You always manage to make my own whiney thoughts sound brilliant and not pathetic like when I think about not having co-workers or office parties.

I don't know how it could be organized, but I am up for participating??!!

sheila at shecological said...

BTW, is it just me or are the "security word verifications" sometimes a little weird or pervie?

Catherine Ivins said...

YAY- you're in Sheila! Now you have me wondering what security word you had- I usually need 2 tries to read them- Jessica Doyle told me it is likely my monitor settings, but I think it is these old eyes!

xo

I just got ammul

Unni Strand said...

I'de love to join but then I'm actually in Portugal on a work & fun trip with my teacher colleagues... (This might be a political incorrect comment to this particular post???)

M.M.E. said...

One year I dressed up as Robin Hood and people thought I was a Girl Scout. I might have been because my leather vest was a brown paper bag. I would totally go grocery shopping in a costume. My boyfriend and I really want to go as Holmes and Watson. Well, he just wants a pipe and I want Watson's beard and gut. :)

Catherine Ivins said...

Megan- yes, I should be Watson this year, too- I already have the gut...