so she posted this instead ....


I am in the middle of a 7 day cleanse. It involves heaping scoops of fiber and a tablespoon of oil poured into a glass of water and drank twice a day (and I know there is something wrong with my grammar here, but since I can blame the cleanse I will just keep typing) - slowly, while holding my nose, while wearing my size 4XL Pat Benatar t-shirt/dress (apparently Pat knows her fans are all older and wider now) and trying not to retch the whole mess up into the sink - hubs gets to watch this entire process twice a day (yes, my sexiness knows no bounds) in case I need medical attention during this process (I tried to get Olive involved but she has spent the week laying on huge piles of random laundry - I'm also cleaning closets - with a very self-satisfied look - I think pretending she just blew up Punky Brewster). I know you are probably not all living the dream like I am here in NJ - please don't hate me for this.

p.s. Back soon to finish that series - in the meantime, here's a little George to get us thinking WEEKEND!

6 comments

DancingMooney said...

Oh sweetie, just drink Metamucil. I buy the orange flavored powder kind, that you mix with water... I can imagine it's much better tasting than that fiber/oil combo you've got going. xo.

Catherine Ivins said...

METAMUCIL! Jannell! I paid big bucks to do this the hard way - no tastey orange flavors for me ... my acupuncturist had a client get symptoms of a disease she had 8 years before after this cleanse because the medication had still been in her liver!! - not that I want old disease symptoms popping up but you get my point ... plus I hadn't thought of metamucil .... there are also some herbs involved and no gluten, sugar, etc - it's a little more complicated than METAMUCIL!! hehe :)

Unni Strand said...

You're not the only one with an exciting life, Cat. I dried off the baby puke the other day and went to the hairdresser.

I hope you'll have a lovely weeekend!

Catherine Ivins said...

You and me Unni- we've got the world at our feet! xo

KJ said...

I hope the results are beneficial.

As for the clean closets- now that is an accomplishment! It is hard to let go of things. I have a few things in my closet that I have not worn for years (Irish wool cable knit fisherman's sweater with a hole that needs to be patched) that retain just enough value to justify the space. Of course closets are not the only hiding place.

Good luck on both purges.

Catherine Ivins said...

Ha! Kathy- how interesting that you see closets as hiding places, too! Yes - I am doing that whole love it or use it thing - the problem is I love a lot of my stuff .... yes, that sweater sounds like a keeper!