Mercury into Taurus | the essentials

walking like giant cranes by hellolikegoodbye
Today, Mercury (communication, conversation, thoughts, ideas) moves into steady, grounded (and fixed) Taurus.

Communications and thinking turn to practical things. The pace slows. It's back to basics.  

Taurus gets results through self-sufficiency, by bringing ideas and concepts 'down to earth', by being sensible.

This is not the time to enact complicated plans unless we want to make ourselves (and everyone else) crazy re-doing or rejecting them later.

Better to drill down to the fundamentals now.

Mercury is covering ground he will walk twice more - by the time we return to this space in a few weeks we will know where we stand having figured out just what we must have - what is essential.

When Mercury stations retrograde (in Taurus and then back into Aries) beginning April 9th the pace will slow down even more. Patience will be needed. There is a lot of retrograde activity in April and planets changing signs - so much will be in flux, hard to pin down and "re"-evaluated it will be uber challenging to stay on a complicated course. Are there things that we can do now to remove some obstacles from our path? Things will require extra time. Keep this in mind.

Rushing through ideas, conversations and decisions won't work well now. Take the time to think things through and get it right - life will encourage/force this process, so fighting it is futile anyway. If a person or situation is pushing us to make a decision we are not ready to make, events will conspire to give us more time. If we can't decide - we should wait. If we are the one doing the pushing we will be frustrated during this transit. Mercury likes to move lightning fast, but Taurus likes to stop and smell the roses. The upcoming retrograde will amplify this.

Straightforward ideas and communications are favored.

The fly in the ointment with Mercury in Taurus is its fixed nature. One of the reasons for the information slowing down is that everyone becomes entrenched in their position and digs in. Compromise becomes a four letter word and there aren't alot of choices. The answer is either yes or no, there is no maybe with Taurus. Our resolve is strengthened though.

The good news is we will all have more certainty by the time he moves into Gemini on June 6th. Have a nice weekend - so tired of the dreary rain here! xo all

3 comments

DancingMooney said...

Quite a bit of dreary weather here too... so ready for some regular days of sunshine.

xoxo

DancingMooney said...

Hey Cat! I thought I commented on this yesterday, but maybe I didn't...

"Take the time to think things through and get it right."

So there now. There is a part of me that just wants to be 'there' where I'm trying to go, and get there already! But there is a part of me that knows this is a done day at a time kind of thing, and I just need to relax and let it happen. Keep working on it, but let it unfold as it will.

I've spent a lot of time being a dreamer, I realize this now. It's hard not to be... but I realize it's due time for me to just get the doing part done. Stay focused. Keep working on it. Or at least get some important stuff done first each day, so I can dream later. LOL

Love you much, how are you? How is Olive? Any big exciting plans for OliveBites/Polarity this year? Always thinking of you and hoping you and yours are well. :)

xoxo

Catherine Ivins said...

Sorry something's been fishy with the comments not posting right! Glad all is well with you. We finally had sun today and it makes things so much better!

I was laying on my front porch floor in the sun - have a head cold and the sun felt so good - and it was the only spot 'in the sun' if you know what I mean. There was a line of cars in front of my house coming out of the church down the street. I could hear people yelling but I thought there was a fender bender and ignored them. I just lay there with my eyes closed. All of a sudden a boy was running across my yard yelling "ma'am, ma'am" - people had sent him over from the cars. They thought I was collapsed or worse. So I am officially at the age where I appear dead while laying in the sun with my eyes closed. I can't wait to see what kind of stir I can create on the beach this summer. ;)

I've gotta get back on insta and facebook this week - hope all is well with you! We are fine here - going to blog an Olive update this week! xo